MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Fever... in the morning, fever all through the night


My kitty...
more about her later.

I hate having a fever....

OK... i recognize that there are a MILLION things that I could be experiencing that are a BILLION times worse than being sick, but I don’t like being sick.

Let me rephrase that. I don’t mind a good cold. In fact, as long as I was sick enough not to have to go to school/work, and not so sick that 911 had to be called, a good cold could be something to be enjoyed. In the winter. Cold outside, warm and snugly inside. Hot chocolate, hot soup, lots of kleenex, naps at will, bad TV, and I’m a happy camper. When I was a child, it was all of the above and some GOOD radio (no daytime TV)..

But back to the theme at hand. I don’t like being sick if it involves fever or pain, and I’m having both. The short version is an attack of diverticulitis. I won’t go into details, but, in the words of Shakespeare on a very bad day, it SUCKS! I have been sleeping most of the time, which my cat just loves (hence the picture). She feels it is her duty to make me feel better all by herself, and takes great pride in any small step I take in the direction of better health. If I lie on my back, in my cocoon of pillows and down blankets and comforters, she is right on my chest, purring me to feeling better. If I lie on my right side, she sleeps in front of me, on a pillow I use for my arms... If I lie on my left side, however, she curls up ON my right side, starting at my armpit and stretching to my hip, making me use the same pillow to rest my useless right arm (well, it's useless to HER since it's difficult for me to pet her when she's there)... Go figure... She watches me like a hawk during the day, and no matter when I go to take a nap, she is in there on the bed in an instant... she even, occasionally, yells at me that I would feel better if I would just go and lie down and let her minister to me!

So, when I get better, we know who we have to thank....

oops... she's calling me now...

me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home