MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'm Talking and I Can't Shut Up...

Time to talk about something else before I turn into Auntie M (as Wyatt Burp so aptly described)...


Well, I'm better now, but it's taking a while.

I'm back on the little white pills.

See, here's the problem with this. I've ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY. Sure it's gotten worse since Mom, but my problem is that EVERYBODY'S business is my business.

In a nutshell.

This isn't anything new.. This isn't anything 'discovered in therapy'... this isn't anything hormonal or even age related (although, to digress a bit, age HAS made it worse). It most certainly IS Mom related, but, if I'm going to be honest (and I'm nothing if not honest) I've always been this way.

The problem NOW is that it has become... well... um... (ahem) more vocal. Let's say more OUTSPOKEN (that is to say, SPOKEN OUT loud to anyone to whom my knowledge and wisdom is due). Whether they want it or not. Need isn't a question, because they ALWAYS NEED IT...

You know them. The people who drive horribly. The people who talk loudly on cell phones in the bank or market or anywhere they feel (and, to be honest again, my sister told me I was one of these, so I rarely talk in public.. on my phone, that is, and I'm very very careful). People who disobey the rules (whether society's or mine.. doesn't matter... all the same).

They all deserve my guidance and wealth of experience.

What I'm trying to do is to NOT express this opinion (well, it's not an opinion, it's the TRUTH) OUT LOUD. Cuz it's not making them or me any happier.

Hence the little white pills.

They seem to be working a bit, although I DO reserve the right to question anyone's sanity or intelligence in the privacy of my own van.

I've just got to quit chasing them down and explaining it to them.

6 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...before I turn into Auntie M (as Peebs so aptly described)..."

Eerrr, weren't me that said that, Miz...sorry. Or, maybe I did, but forgot that I did...hmmm. Can I have one of those pills?
I love ya.
Peebs

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

oops! sorry Peebs... You and Wyatt are so close in location that I just naturally mixed up the two of you.. .
YOU'RE NOT SAYING I DID SOMETHING WRONG ARE YOU????? oops... time for another pill..

So I made it better... (huge sweet smile to cover error)

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Janet James said...

You MUST be describing someone else, not you. No. Never you. Bossy? Controlling? Outspoken? Not you.

But we love you anyhoo. Just the way you are.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

Bossy, Controlling Outspoken? Unless I was a man, then I would be"Commanding, In charge, Straightforward"...

Thanks for the song when I called... (grin)

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Amie said...

This great. It'd be even greater if you told me where to get those little white pills..... hint hint.. j/k haha

I am so glad to have found your blog. I cannot wait to read more. So far, they're hilarious!

 
At 1:38 AM, Anonymous bonho said...

Well, you know, if more people were chased down and told exactly WHY they were being assholes, perhaps they'd stop being assholes....throw those little white pills away!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home