MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Picture I Never Saw of My Mother..


Well, that would be somewhat inaccurate. This picture was in an album, but was part of a larger picture and faded. I saw it in a slide and had my sister scan it for me... I don't care about the other people in the picture, so that's the reason for the poor cutting job.

I love this picture of my Mom. It may well be the prettiest I ever saw her. There's something about the casual yet graceful clothes, the short hair (with the little white spot just starting), the incredible shoes and the relaxed look about her.

I just love it..


OH... and here's another...

Do you recognize anyone else in this picture? The other man (not the famous one) was our forever family friend (the one who owned the ranch I so love in Joseph, Oregon). We were down at Newport Beach and there was a race happening. My mom wasn't a great sailor, but what was needed that day was a third person (required) and she was small and light..


But I love the boyishness of this picture, too...

I don't know what she did to end up like she is now, but this person in these pictures didn't deserve it..

3 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

That's a great pic of your mom. She looks so at ease. =)

Ok, who's the famous person?

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

OMG!!

I am SOOO not going to tell you, but you should be ashamed of yourself for being so young!!

Someone else tell her (grin).

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, you two. Turtlegirl, have you ever watched The Beverly Hillbillies? That's Uncle Jed Clampett a.k.a.- Buddy Ebsen.

Cool pictures, Miz! Also, Thanks, for the mail I received today.

BTW, my Word Verification word is:
icycoot. ROFLMAO!

Peebs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home