MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Monday, May 18, 2009

Be Afraid... Be Very Afraid...



I read a blurb today about Katie Holmes starring in a remake of "Don't be Afraid of the Dark". It immediately brought back one of the really scary (albeit a bit cheesy) movies ever. It was a made for TV movie, for those of you who don't know it, and I watched it with my best friend, Marsha. It needs no remake. I don't know why there aren't any new ideas for movies anymore...

but back to Marsha...

Marsha and I used to watch movies and stuff together (in different houses) over the phone.

Now I must preface this with the codicil that I am afraid of very little. Most of my few fears are REAL ones, and never involve either scary movies or events. I also don't startle easily. I LOVE watching all manner of horrible, gushy, and frightening movies. I have read everything that Stephen King has ever written, and if HE can't scare me, I ain't scareble... (?)

Marsha, however, is.

to the max.

What I loved about this movie was 1. Kim Darby. I loved her father, and thought she was an underrated actress; 2. the heroine LOSES IN THE END (don't read this if you don't want to know) (grin). I always want them to lose, as each and every one does something SO STUPID in the movie that they deserve to be eaten/captured/mushed/squished/ or, in this case, dragged under the house where the things live that want her..

HERE'S to THE THINGS THAT LIVE UNDER THE STAIRS!

But back to Marsha...

poor Marsha..

for weeks after I would call her up and whisper (as did the things) "we want you, we're coming to get you, we want you to be down here...".. and so on.

It would freak her out each and every time..

The movie was made in 1973 in TWO WEEKS..

I called her today and whispered again...

and she remembered...

(evil snicker inserted here)

3 Comments:

At 4:48 AM, Blogger Janet James said...

So now you're amusing yourself by scaring little ole ladies! Bad girl! Hee, hee, hee. I love it. Makes me want to call up someone I love and scare them too.

See what you've started?

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

Oh man... you are SO in trouble for calling Marsha a "little ole lady"... (grin)

Hey!.. let's start a movement... the "Call Someone you Love and Scare the S*&# out of them this Weekend!"

The CSYLASTSOOTTW?

hmm... too unwieldy...

How about...
STSOOSYL?

aw.. never mind, just DO IT!

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Janet James said...

Otay! Expect a call later tonight. Keep the Charmin handy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home