MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

There's Always to Morro...


I’m in Morro Campground again. The wind has died considerably, but it’s still cold after the sun starts to set. As you can see, this is a pretty little campground. It was built in the 30’s by the CCC during the depression. The workers got paid $1 a day and were damned glad to get it. All the work was done in rock and cement rather than wood, so it stands today as it stood back then.



Morro Rock. I drove into town to get this picture (I have others you’ve seen, including one of my favorite pictures of all time, taken in the fog), a new trip gets a new picture. Apparently, I missed the HUGE gray whale that was just off to the right of this picture... if I’d seen the crowd, I would have checked it out, but didn’t. One of the neighboring campers has some great shots of it. It came into the bay to feed, left, then came back. I’m going to check tomorrow to see if it comes back!

Had a nice chat with the neighbors about camping and driving in the wind and all.. seems he had a 1962 Buick Le Sabre, which was my first traveling vehicle back in 1967 (the Summer of Love), and also they traveled in a 1969 VW camper (Joe and I did also)... I love coinky dinks like that! We talked until it got too cold to stay outside.

So, tomorrow morning it’s off to town to catch a whale and look for wifi so I can post this. If you get it, all this happened yesterday.. not today...

I’m not paying $7.99 for 24 hours of wifi..

Never have...

Probably won’t...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home