MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Saturday, May 09, 2009

A Poem for Mother's Day... by me



Mother told me once

I think

That coffee was a drink

that I should never, ever taste because...

I think she said 'twould make me small
and I would never grow at all
and I would never sleep at night
and nothing else would quite be right
again.


Well, straightaway I had to know

If what she said would happen

so

I tasted it and came to find

there's nothing like a mother's mind...

and even though I loved her more than anyone I'd known before

I wish instead she told me that

it tasted bitter.... rather flat...

for I was

sorely

disappointed!

1 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Bird of Paradise said...

Theres nothing quite like Diner Coffee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home