MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Andrew Wyeth R.I.P...


I love the dog on the pillow... Where all good dogs belong...

I have always had a fond spot in my heart for Andrew Wyeth's work. I love the feelings expressed and the independence of his landscapes.

I do not, however, have any of his work on my walls because of, oddly enough, his palate. The agelessness of his images draws me to his work, yet I want more color. I find this strange... but, to quote Winona Ryder in Beetlejuice "that's because I myself AM strange and unusual".




This has that 'road away from here' feel to it. Again, if I lived in as dreary a landscape, I'd be gone long before this painting was even a thought! Come to think of it, I feel the same way about where I live right now!

So, I was sorry to hear of his death, but happy that he had a long and apparently happy life.

You couldn't tell by some of his work, tho ...


This image always haunts me. I learned the truth behind it only today, and it gave an entirely different meaning than the one I invented. Funny how things aren't what you think they are... or are more than you think they are... or are..

Oh the heck with it..

Good life, Andrew.. Good life...

1 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and so WHAT'S THE STORY behind that painting...I didn't know THAT was who Andrew Wyeth was when I read his obituary (the DOG painter...my favorite picture too)
me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home