MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's About Time...



In more ways than one...

I got some fossils last year. I'm fascinated by the age of things on this sweet blue planet. It was my intention to put them in some shadow boxes and put them on the wall somewhere..

Notice I said last year...

I had the boxes (actually, this is the second set), and decided to add them over a poster that I once loved, but was less than the stellar thing I wanted to see every time I turned that corner in the hall.

Last year...

So I did it today.

and, except for the fact that the boxes were harder to hang than they should, and that makes them ... well.. OFF, a little, I'm pleased with the results.

In this grouping over the tree (of life... get it? ha!) you will find some fossilized ammonites (the big curly thingys), some split rock fossils, one crawling thingy that has little multifaceted eyes (a trilobite - Metacanthina, only a couple of million years old), and two flat pieces of fossilized rocks (Stromatolites) that are 2.56 BILLION YEARS OLD. That's B as in Billion... From Wyoming, no less... go figure!

Unless you're one of those "the earth is 6,000 years old' people...

Then these are just a bunch of pretty rocks..


Here's a close up of the eyes...



  • <Click to visit Indiana Fossils
  • 1 Comments:

    At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hey that looks GREAT...wow, I didn't even know you were a fossil afficionado!!
    nice work...
    me

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home