MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Rushing the Season...



Fall.. it DOESN'T look like this around here... neat picture taken from the NOAA website. They have some incredible cloud/storm/whatever pictures...

Ok... I have a fire in the fireplace tonight. It's been set to burn since last year, not that I'm waiting or anything...

or eager..

or rushing.

It's still not cold enough, technically, for my fireplace, but it seems so MUCH cooler than the 90 degrees last week that I couldn't wait. It's 60 or so, and may actually drop into the 50's tonight.

Now, for all those people who are laughing hysterically (those of you on the east coast or the North anything) you must understand that I WANT WINTER! .. Hell, I'll even settle for Fall... I know you get tired of cold weather, but It's been a dreary, sticky summer and the nastiest October on record and I'm more than ready..

Hence the fire...

Maybe I'll trick the gods into thinking they need to make it colder.

Any help will be appreciated.

Greatly.



ahh... now THAT'S better...

Maybe I need a cup of hot chocolate...

ya think?




Crater Lake in Winter...

Too pretty. I actually like the other winter picture better, it makes me want to get warm..

and have hot chocolate!

5 Comments:

At 5:06 AM, Blogger theshriek said...

You need to come my office because our heating/air is fucked up on my side of building. It was 59 degrees "inside" last week (it was in the 30s outside). It is a balmy 64 inside this morning.

BTW, the fall leaves are real purity here.-)

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Janet James said...

Such purty pictures! And if I were you, I'd be careful with that fire. I don't want to turn on CNN and see any more wildfires thereabouts.

What IS it with Carla and the fucked up heating problems? She like the kiss of death on a heating system.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Janet James said...

Oh, I meant to tell you that I love your new picture. I see that you're short like your mama.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

I love the new picture.. it's an avatar that rocks back and forth, but won't do it here..

it's sooo like me!

"Short like my mama".. (snicker)

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

Shrieky..

I'm on my way..

someday...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home